Sunday, May 27, 2012

Dessert Recipe: Easy Coconut Macaroons

(Extremely Easy!) Coconut Macaroons

Sooo, about a week ago I whipped up these little babies. If you like coconut, you are sure enjoy macaroons. Good thing they were going to a friend - I probably would've eaten the entire batch. Not to be confused with the ever elegant French Macaroon, however, they are much easier (and cheaper!) to prepare.


Recipe  from Baker's
14 oz (approx. 5 and 1/3 cups)  Flaked coconut (sweetened)
2/3 c sugar*
6 Tbsp. flour
1/4 tsp salt
4 egg whites
1 tsp almond extract

Mix coconut, sugar, flour, and salt in large bowl. Stir in egg whites and almond extract until mixed well. Drop by tablespoonful onto cookie sheets (I like to line my cookie sheet with parchment paper.)

Bake at 325 Fahrenheit for 20 min or til edges are golden brown. Remove, cool, and ENJOY! :-)

*you could definitely use less sugar or "diet sugar" as I did. I would like to experiment and use unsweetened coconut as it's a bit healthier.

PS.. apologies for the poorly edited photos. Hoping to get my laptop soon!

3 comments:

  1. hey, Annie! I think I've tryed those coconut macaroons someday in the past.. I remember my boyfriend really loved them and ate the whole plate full of those little thingies. now I know I should bake them someday in the future too :P though during summer it's so hard to find time for cooking..

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love macaroons! I'm not too keen on coconut though, but I should make them because my boyfriend likes it! xx

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good! :) I should definitely try something like these (easy) pieces!

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...