Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Lighter Side

Location - Subway, NYC

My last few posts have been a bit blue, so I figured it was time for something on the lighter side.  

Ah, the joys of living in New York City - I love taking the number 7 train form Court Square, Queens into Grand Central Station. There is a diversity of people on that train unlike any other I have been on. However, my fascination some mornings ago was with a pale, 40ish looking man sitting directly across from me. At first glance, he appeared 'normal', but then as the ride wore on he started laughing. I kept looking for earbuds, phone, bluetooth – something! But, no, this guy was having a grand ol’ time alone with his thoughts. Watching him for some moments definitely brought a giggle and a smile to my face. 

And then I thought, ‘Who is really normal these days?’ Thankfully, not many of us - the world would be a very dull place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...