Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Gentlemen - Bratislava, Slovakia

Have you ever taken a photograph and it seemed as though time stood still just for you? Perhaps it was as if the scene was custom made for the exact moment you would be there.

In fact, maybe to this day when you look at the photo it takes you back to another place and time so far away from the reality you are in now. Many photographers know exactly what I am speaking about.

One of my experiences with that happened back in 2006. At the time, I was living in the Czech Republic. My sister had come from Pennsylvania to visit me and we took a trip with friends to Bratislava, Slovakia. We strolled with our chums along the cobblestone streets of the old centre, checking out the quaint little boutiques, and an occasional coffee shop. Upon coming out of one of the shops, my heart skipped a beat. And I when I saw this, it felt like, yes time was standing still. In fact, I could not believe that I was actually able to capture the photo in time.


So there you have it - two men with their trench coats and hats just observing the sights of Bratislava.

Here are a few others from that same trip:


Terezka, my sister - Katie, and Majka

The skinniest house

The Bratislava Castle at dusk

One should most certainly experience a European city at least once in their lifetime - they possess such old-world charm and are definitely some of the most romantic, magical places I have ever been.

3 comments:

  1. Lol. I am fascinated with taking pictures myself so I can totally relate to that first picture. You were right there on time, and the picture came out perfect. I am a new follower by the way. :)

    http://iamxcessp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much IamXcessP! Though I'm cameraless right now - SUCH a tragedy. Soon, soon..

    Look forward to more of your photos as well :-)

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome, and i would try to keep them coming. Thanks for the follow :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...