Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Cupcakes

I know I know, it appears I've gone MIA on everyone and perhaps even myself. Well I'm trying get my act together and get with the program lol. It seems that when I feel like I'm losing control in my personal life I regrettably let that spill over into other things, such as my blog. I lose my focus, motivation, and creativity. And this week has really collapsed with sickness and a flare up from an old back injury.

So here I lay flat on my back listening to the whir of my AC, and chimes that the ice cream truck is approaching nearby. And then the bright sunny day that is peeking through the curtain beckoning me to "come out and play". Be that as it may, I'm determined not wallow in my misery, rather I'd like to share a few pics of a little outing last week in which I treated myself to a trip to Georgetown Cupcake in Soho.

Just a little history lesson for those of you that don't know - Georgetown Cupcake is run by 2 sisters of a famous reality TV show here in the States called DC Cupcakes. It, of course, originated in Washington, DC and to my surprise i learned they just opened a shop here in NYC on Mercer St. in the village.

I'm not really a cupcake connesuir, but I have to say that the Coconut is absolutely divine. Not too sweet and incredibly moist with a delightful topping of Cream Cheese frosting and crown of coconut.

Anyhow, I could go on for hours, but I'll leave you with these tidbits.. And feel free to say hi and share own your thoughts or remedies for getting out of a funk...

xo, Annie

5 comments:

  1. oh my, of course I have to be hungry when I see a post like that! I think we don't have those "right" cupcakes here in Estonia.. at least not in the stores. right now I would try all of those though :P
    btw, I hope you're feeling better already! may the warm sunshine help you! :)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last summer, I had a bit of craziness in my personal life, and I felt like I was losing control. I wish you all the best of luck with everything. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear that the cupcakes made you feel better! Sometimes we all have a bit of craziness in our personal life, and when that happens, the most important is to remember what's good in one's life and concentrate on that!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always been a cupcake junkie, and since I'm without at the moment, this post serves as my fix. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cupcakes look gorgeous :)


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...