Monday, June 11, 2012

Breaking a Record

Well tonight I had something I haven't had in a very long time. Fish. You see I've been a strict vegetarian for four and a half years. And when I say strict I mean strict - no white meat, fish, or even meat broth. However, recently I've had some concerns and have decided to start incorporating fish and possibly white meat into my diet again.

So it was quite the evening - I had Albacore tuna with steamed vegetables and brown rice. It was OK..I would rather have had a hot dog, lol. Nonetheless, it was healthy :-) Next time I may try a Tuna Salad Wrap. But I'm afraid I'll run out of ideas..

Anyone have any healthy options for preparing fish or white meat??

4 comments:

  1. Oh, wish I could help you with the fish recipes. I am new to fish too (I HATED it growing up, but am finding that I actually like halibut and salmon now). But it's so good for you, that I am trying to incorporate more in my meals. I let you know if I stumble across anything good! :) Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummy, I love tuna! I usually put chicken in a pasta bake with lots of veggies, or grilled salmon with a nice salad :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fish is not my kind of food at all (I love salmon though) but chicken is one of the most delicious things in my opinion, so I think you should search for some chicken recipes.. or simply experiment with different spices and find your favourite :)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like fish soup, or salmon baked in the oven!
    Thank you for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...